Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Leviathan

      So I'm reading this book called Leviathan for these reading logs our class is supposed to be writing. First of all i didn't really know what the book was about at first. All I did was go to the borders website during lab and I looked at the first book I saw and decided to buy it. When I bought it, it was like cool. The cover was all shiny and like there were pictures of machinery and things like that. There was also like a map and at first I was like whhattttt?. There were animals incorporated into the map. I definetely recommend people to read this book even though it has like these gigantic words and pictures. ( I like the pictures).
  
     It’s the summer of 1914 during the Great War and Eastern Europe is rife with tension. The story starts out with a boy who is Aleksander Ferdinand, the heir to the Austria-Hungarian throne. Two men, Count Volger and Otto Klopp appear to him in the middle of the night. They convince him to go with them on a "piloting lesson." After being kidnapped by these two men that Alek trusted for most of his life, he discovers that his parents were assassinated in Serbia with poison. He learns that someone wants to start a war between the two powerful factions, Clankers (Clankers depend on mechanics and steam power, man-made machines with legs that mimic animals and firepower that rivals the creative weaponry and biotechnology of their rivals.) and the Darwinists (Darwinists are inspired by Charles Darwin and his Theory of Evolution. I think. They use animal-like animals that have had their DNA changed for war and such.) (Under Construction next will be better since I will have  my book)

1 comment: