Thursday, March 18, 2010

LC Letter 2

Dear Alvin,
Thanks for doubting me. Haha. Anyways I didn't really have the same feelings as you. I had more of an "Ooh awesome!" reaction when I first encountered Patient Zero. I have to admit that I'm kind of a zombie fanatic. Zombie games, T.V shows and movies although admittidely some of them freak me out. I'm a bit put out by the fact that you thought that the book I picked out was another typical zombie apocalypse book. Even so I am pleased that Patient Zero has so far, exceeded your expectations. I too agree with you yet again on the fact that in the first few chapters of the book crammed a bunch of information.

Now after going through all of the introductory phases, and all the setting up a setting and the characters part, we start getting to the juicy parts. In section two, Johnathan Maberry Really held back a lot of action to keep people glued to the book. There is just so much going on for me all at once, it makes me dizzy. First there's interesting scenes, then all of a sudden your attention just locks onto the intense zombie fighting heart throbbing action. I literally felt my heart beating because of the anticipation of what was going to happen next. When I read a couple parts of the book where Joe kills zombies, I unconciously compared
them with all the others that I've seen or read. I find myself thinking to myself,"hey these zombies move and act differently than the other ones!"
One more thing, to our surprise, johnathan maberry, the author of the book commented on alvins blog post which I thought was pretty awesome.(and creepy)

No comments:

Post a Comment