Friday, May 7, 2010

The Confessions of an Economic Hitman Part One LCL One

Remeber the first time that Mr. Sutherland started to introduce reading circle books? Well I had a bunch of thoughts on the books that were made available and "The Confessions of an Economic Hitman seemed a tad bit boring. First impressions are rarely good anyways. Now that I've glanced through a couple pages of the book, I find it very well written and also interesting. I commend Alvin for choosing such a difficult yet in some way addicting book. The introduction to "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" was a very intriguing excerpt from the book. It was along the lines of:
"Economic Hitmen are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars they funnel money from the World Bank and other foreign aid organizations...their tools include fradulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder."
The part that stands out the most to me is of course the murder part. U just thought that the book was something really boring, but in reality it houses all these brain squeezing information and makes me want to keep reading it. In fact I would say that Patient Zero and this book are like "brother books" or something. I say this because some paragraphs like this:
"...if we fail, an even more sinister breed steps in, ones we EHMs refer to as the jackals, men who trace their heritage directly to those earlier empires, lurking in the shadow."
To me this stlye of writing is not that different from Jonathan Maberry's stlye of writing, he has the right amount of action to captivate me, but has much more to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment