Friday, May 14, 2010

Confessions of an Economic Hitman

Well this book so far has really been a great read for me. Although there are some bits and pieces throughout the book like some words or terms that I have no idea what it means. As mentioned in part one, John Perkins tells his story in a way that expresses his feelings. I found that I could experience the things he expierenced like meeting important figures situated throughout the world. Whether they were warm, friendly people, or if thhere was a sense of hatred, I would usually share the same feelings with the him in the story. Whenever something bad happened, like one of his friends dies, I felt sorrow as in this excerpt:
"He died there in a fiery airplane crash, on July 31, 1981. Latin America and the world reeled. ****** was known across the globe, respected as the man who regained control of the Panama Canal and continued to stand up to Ronald Reagan. I was personally devastated by this travesty. I spent many hours reflecting on my conversations with this man. I recalled my first sight of him, and and the thought sent a shudder through me even as it had on that stormy night."
I guess it's so simple and easy to becoome part of John Perkins is because all his experiences had emotions and thoughts that people can relate to, making everything much easier to remember and recall. As I read on, more and more subjects I've known to be true are now sent into turmoil and I'm just puzzled and whenever I read this book, I can't help but to think about all that has happened in it and what will happen. My assumptions of certain things have changed and I am not used to all of this and yet I still want to read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment