Friday, May 21, 2010

Seriously the FINAL Literature Circle Letter

    
            So I’ve been reading “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” for about a month and a half. So far, I’ve really enjoyed the book. The book contains a substantial amount of gripping details of greed and deceit that’s happening in our very own country, with its ideals of freedom and a chance for a better life. In the last section of this book, my mind is just like O_o… what the hell man. I thought our country was awesome, but now I know why people hate us so much. They aren’t just haters, they have an actual reason. Things that John Perkins says like:
           
The EHMs had failed. The jackals had failed. So young men and women were sent to kill and die among the desert sands.

            This book…this book is an eye opener, difficult to read, yes. Even though it’s difficult, just have a dictionary handy or something. Seriously the last part of the book just pries your eyes open; the first two sections were like, holy shit! This can’t be true but then the last part is like when the truth dawns on you. I mean I just can’t believe this stuff. One of the most shocking things I read, though I don’t know why, was when John Perkins says this one thing which was:

            The ability to print currency gives us immense power. It means, among other things, that we can continue to make loans that will never be repaid… by 2003, the notional debt exceeded a staggering 6 trillion dollars. Much of it owed to Asian countries particularly to Japan and China…As long as the world accepts the dollar as its standard currency, this excessive debt does not pose a serious obstacle to the corporatocracy. However if another currency should come along to replace the dollar, the situation would change drastically.

            I don’t really know because I’m not that intelligent, but this has already happened and China is now dominating the global economy when the U.S just sank, and now we actually really owe those countries huge amounts of money, and now everyone is aware. This is just mind blasting and I don’t even know what to say anymore.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment