Wednesday, September 28, 2011

[CE] PG&E Explosion (oops saved as draft)

"San Mateo County judge ruled Thursday that a group of lawsuits against Pacific Gas and Electric Co. over the San Bruno natural gas explosion will go to trial next year and serve as a model for resolving dozens of others filed by plaintiffs who were injured or lost homes, possessions or loved ones."-Jaxon Van Derbeken
     I don't think that these people should sue PG&E for the natural gas explosion that happened sometime around a year ago on September 9th, 2010, but I do think that PG&E should give the people compensation according to the damage done. I see no point in both parties wasting the time, effort, money, and any other resources on going to trial with this, unless the only way these people are able to get compensation is by suing.
     I don't see how PG&E would have known that those pipelines would explode. I mean humans are humans, and all humans make mistakes and screw up things. I don't really remember what happened after the explosions, like what investigations went on and things like that so I'm writing based on memory. Why would they have done an investigation into whether or not the people at PG&E inspected the pipes? If you were living around there, should you not be aware of such things and report it, and if the people living there did and PG&E did nothing, then of course it is their fault. So far, all I have been hearing is all these people whining about how the things from PG&E are "unsafe". I hate how one accident, a minor accident, killing only eight people, in so many years, and people are already saying that PG&E is dangerous or some bullshit like that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Damien:
    I looked upon this post on PG & E and used it in this post

    ReplyDelete