Friday, September 23, 2011

[Free] My Life, My Future


 I have to admit I haven’t really thought about anything beyond the present. Never actually put any effort into doing much or figuring out what I want to be when I grow up and what colleges I might attend. That’s probably why I’m so far behind everyone else and how I don’t really care about my grades. But doing this project has helped me a bit to see what I might want to do in the future and what it will take to get there. In ten years I hope to have gotten into a good college, graduated with good grades, have a decent enough job to support myself and to basically be self-supporting. I still don’t know what I might be doing for work, I might try and get a job where I can just study things. I’m not sure about getting married since I don’t know if I would be able to achieve all of these goals, but I would probably be married with maybe a child. In terms of where I would live, I like the convenience of living in the city, everything basically within a block, but it is also expensive and loud. I would prefer to live in the countryside most likely still be living in Alameda away from the worst of the pollution. I might just inherit my family’s house and just continue living in it. As I said before I do not know what my lifestyle would be like and money is important, but depending on the job I can acquire, that will be the amount I make.
           
            Well I’ve recently noticed that history is a pretty easy subject for me. I find history fascinating. I like reading about it in articles, magazines, the internet, books, movies, videos, presentations, lectures. I just find that the information that we have gotten throughout the years about how we used to live, and interact and things humans used to do that influence us even in the modern world. I have looked a bit and I do have a certain interest in becoming a cultural anthropologist. Science is another subject that I have an interest in, more chemistry than physics since physics is confusing and until I figure it out I’m going to try to find a job that doesn’t really include that. I like to do hands on things instead of being in a classroom because being in a classroom is so boring, sitting there staring at a board. I’d just rather go outside or somewhere where I can actually do experiments or roam about. I would enjoy collecting and analyzing things like in biology, looking through microscopes and things like that. Well I would like to make enough money that I can support myself and maybe my family and also have money to spare for vacations and such. I might do a job that I dislike just to get money.
           
            I have a ton of goals I have to set for myself before I’m ever going to be able to succeed. First of all I need to stop procrastinating so much that I end up staying up the whole night just to do something that could have been finished easily. I need to start working harder and apply myself to my classes and raise my grades or I'll end up failing everything and never achieve the goals I set for myself. I need to start looking for opportunities to help raise my importance to universities. I have to find more things to do than sit at home and do nothing, find a job, volunteer a lot, find some more hobbies and just go out there and do everything I can so that when I get out of high school I’ll at least be partially prepared and maybe even get accepted to the college of my choice and to make a living for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment